Ultimate Yorkshire Christmas Gift Guide
Christmas in Yorkshire is something special. From the (occasionally) snow covered moors to the twinkling high streets of York and Leeds, God’s Own Country is truly a magical place once December 1 arrives.
And it’s also a wonderful place to source your Christmas gifts. With everyone looking to support local businesses and support independent retailers, we’ve decided to do the same with our ultimate Yorkshire Christmas gift guide.
As well as a selection of Always Personal’s best-selling Christmas gifts fresh from our Hull depot, we’ve chosen some of our favourite Yorkshire brands to feature in this gift guide – whether that’s a spa day out for mum, bottle of something for dad, or a trip to a chocolate wonderland for your niece and nephews.
Table of contents:
How much should I spend on a Christmas gift?
How long is a piece of Christmas ribbon? We’re not here to tell you what you should spend on Christmas. If you want to make a Christmas gift, then that’s probably much more valuable than any gift.
But if you do want a rough idea, consider your personal budget, your relationship with the recipient, and your cultural experience. Big, extravagant Christmas gifts may be the norm for some people, while others may appreciate (or prefer) a less expensive but more personal Christmas gift.
The Secret Santa Conundrum
If you're exchanging gifts within a group – for instance, Secret Santa at work or a gift exchange among friends – then it’s a good idea to set a predetermined spending limit. This helps keep things fair and affordable for everyone. We recommend a spending limit between £5 and £20 for a Secret Santa gift. At Always Personal, we tend to stick to a £10 budget for our Secret Santa (and no, we’re not allowed to dip into our stock).
READ MORE: Personalised Secret Santa Gift Ideas
Unique Christmas gifts for him
Find the perfect Yorkshire gifts for fathers, sons, brothers or boyfriends this Christmas. Whether they’re sophisticated Yorkshire gent with a taste for Leeds high life, or rugged outdoorsmen happier walking the tracks of the Dales, embrace their passions with personalised gifts that really embrace Yorkshire's warmth and character.
Personalised men’s wallet
This beautiful leather-look wallet can be personalised with your loved one’s name or initials, for a unique Christmas present he’s sure to love.
Choose from black or brown vegan leather, with gold or silver lettering. Have some budget left? Surprise them by tucking one of our partner’s Yorkshire gift vouchers inside!
Personalised wooden cheese board and knife set
This is the perfect Christmas gift for the cheese lover in your life. Crafted from beautiful bamboo, this stylish cheese board set includes four cheese knives and a handy magnet strip to hold them in place. Earn yourself some bonus points by including a selection of Yorkshire cheeses for him to enjoy.
Yorkshire Christmas gifts for her
Discover our unique Christmas gifts for her, including personalised trinkets and stylish keepsakes. Whether you're shopping for a mother, daughter, sister or partner, we have a full range of Yorkshire gift ideas she’s sure to love.Personalised metal water bottle
These eco-friendly water bottles are a fantastic Christmas gift idea for her. With a variety of vibrant colours to choose from, you can personalise the bottle with her name, for a unique present that’s both eye-catching and useful.
Personalised make-up bag
These spacious make-up bags are a timeless and sophisticated design that can be personalised with her name. Plus, it’s the perfect way to surprise her with a Yorkshire gift voucher.
Yorkshire Christmas gifts for families
In this section, we’re sharing a selection of Christmas gifts for families that capture the essence of togetherness during the holiday season. These Yorkshire gifts are designed to make Christmas special for every member of the family – no matter their age.
Explore our collection to find the perfect gifts that celebrate the warmth and joy of a proper Yorkshire Christmas.Personalised Christmas stockings
Nothing says festive fun like a matching set of Christmas stockings hung over the mantelpiece. You can choose from three different designs and customise the stockings with each person’s name. Then, simply, fill them up with plenty of Yorkshire gifts and Santa’s your uncle.
Personalised domino set
This personalised domino set is the perfect Christmas gift for a family who loves board games. We’ll engrave their name or your personalised message on the lid of the wooden box, for a present that will bring them years of fun (or end up with arguments over the rules on Boxing Day).
Funny Yorkshire gifts for ChristmasImpossible Christmas jigsaw puzzle
What’s so funny about a jigsaw puzzle, you may ask? Well, this particular puzzle is already tricky enough, as it’s made from clear acrylic. But we also offer the sneaky option to add an extra jigsaw piece or two (or five!) to the pack. It’s the perfect Christmas prank. They could spend hours trying to fit those useless pieces in… so it’s up to you whether you tell them or not!
Price: £3.95 - £18.95 (depending on difficulty level)
Our favourite Yorkshire gifts this Christmas
We’ve brought together some of our personal favourite Yorkshire retailers, attractions and creators into one place so you can choose some of the country’s best produce to add to your Christmas lists.
Buy a voucher to a tourist attraction
Why not help your loved ones to discover the best of Yorkshire with a voucher to one of the many and varied tourist attractions:
- Flamingo Land is one of the biggest theme parks in the north of England and a great family day out. You can buy tickets or one-off experiences online.
- Castle Howard offers both the classic stately home experience as well as plenty of fun activities for the family with its playgrounds and lakes. Membership allows access all year and makes a great gift for families in Yorkshire.
Embrace local artists and makers
Yorkshire is a haven for local artists making everything from ceramics to prints inspired by the amazing countryside.
- The Hepworth in Wakefield is a great way to discover more about some of the key Yorkshire artists, including, of course, Barbara Hepworth herself. Membership to this amazing gallery and gardens makes a great gift for Yorkshire art lovers.
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park combines Yorkshire’s natural beauty with world-class sculptures and exhibitions. Support Yorkshire artists by buying something from their online shop.
Enjoy local Yorkshire luxuries
Yorkshire folk of the 21st century know how to look after themselves – and it’s usually from one of the local breweries, vineyards or food makers. And as it’s Christmas, why not treat your local loved ones to a taste of Yorkshire’s finest beverages.
- York Gin is one of the most popular gin brands to come out of Yorkshire in recent years. They stock a range of flavour including the very festive Chocolate and Orange Gin.
- Yorkshire Heart is one of the many vineyards producing surprisingly top quality wine in Yorkshire. Why not adopt a vine for a loved one this Christmas – or just splash out on a bottle of their finest sparkling white.
Spoil them with a relaxing day out
Yorkshire is not short on luxury destinations – whether you want palatial spas or modern hotels, we’ve got it all. And gift vouchers for a massage or other service make a great gift for your Yorkshire-based loved ones who deserve a bit of me time.
- Yorkshire Spa Retreat is located in the stunning North Yorkshire Moors. Spoil loved ones with a gift voucher for massages and other treatments. You could even treat them to a whole day at the spa.
- Grantley Hall in Ripon is renowned for its afternoon teas. Why not buy a voucher and book a table for your best friend or parents.
Top tips for shopping locally online
There's a big movement to supporting local businesses - especially around Christmas. And while the idea of nipping into local stores on your high street is appealing, not everyone has the time to do in-person Christmas shopping. But you can shop online and support local businesses. Here's how:
1. Read their About Us page: Discover a bit more about local companies, where they are actually based and who runs the company.
2. Use Google Maps: If you need inspiration, find your local area on Google Maps and search for shop type. Then find their websites. If they don't offer the ability to buy online, send them an email to see if you can buy direct.
3. Head to social media: Social media is a great place to discover local brands and retailers. You can also browse their imagery, find out about them and see what others say. Some even allow you to buy directly from their Instagram or Facebook pages.
4. Check out reviews: Make sure to check out the reviews. It's a lot harder to judge the quality of something online, so read reviews from other people who have already bought.
5. Read the small print: Check returns, delivery times and information, guarantees to make sure you can change your mind if what you bought isn't what you hoped for.
Visit our Christmas Shop
Still need some Christmas gift inspiration? Visit our Christmas shop where you can also stock up on decorations and homeware to get your home looking all festive. We also have a number of other gift guides to get those creative juices flowing: